As one of its mandates, Valoris for Children and Adults of Prescott-Russell provides child-protection services for the United Counties of Prescott-Russell.
Upon receipt, the report is reviewed and a decision is made to investigate (child protection) or to evaluate (request for voluntary services).
The investigation/evaluation will be done using a personalized or conventional approach.
Intensive and brief intervention can include:
- psychosocial intervention;
- individual or family intervention;
- development of skills and abilities;
- support and counselling;
- assessment and support for child development.
In certain cases, long term services can be necessary and can involve:
- residential services, such as a foster family placement;
- specialized services with Community Integration Workers;
- child protection services;
- judicial process, when necessary.